Tuesday, July 1, 2008

What's in a Name

Because we have quite a number of songs together (both finished and planned), and we're aiming to shop our demo around to some record companies, A-KICKS and I are currently brainstorming as to what the name of our duo should be. The songs we've done with AKA KOROSHIYA are submitted under our trio group name AOA, but for these duet tracks we want to classify them under a separate entity.

I put together lists of ideas using a few different methods:
  1. mixing the letters of our stage names together (this turned out to be harder than I imagined...),
  2. combining our real names (but I'm told that DANIMITSU is ダサい)
  3. putting together letters from the names of music styles that we like
That last idea isn't exactly a bad one but what I came up with for it was by far the worst of all my creations, maybe because we both enjoy so many different genres. To mesh them into a name leads to ridiculous results. Well, at least when I do it.

Looking for inspiration on the internet, I found that there are a few resources that attempt to help music groups and bands in this task by providing lists of names that have been suggested by other internet users. Sounds good, right? But there was pretty much no help there. On the other hand, if I ever create a metal band...

By the way, Happy Canada Day! (or what's left of it)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy canada day!!!!!!!!!!

haha danimitsu.. Noooooo!!!

Anonymous said...


By AKI

O-Mocha said...

Thanks Aki~~~ ♥

DANIMITSU is amazing!! .....okay, that's a lie. haha