Friday, June 27, 2008

Limits & Laughter

So, on Wednesday I recorded a short vocal part at the end of a song that includes Dr. Peacemaker (deejay and emcee) and AKA KOROSHIYA, as well as two other performers. I figured that it's been almost a week since my voice came back, and I haven't really been coughing so I should be good to go... but while recording, I discovered that my vocal range isn't the same!! I can't get some of those high notes that I could before... so I guess my voice still has some warming up to do...

Also in the last couple of days I became unsatisfied with some new lyrics (and flow) that I put together for some new music tracks... but thankfully, last night I made some decent progress and things are getting back on track!

As far as the flow is concerned, I always want to pay attention to the little details early on. Often the recording stage is when some of those nuances can be figured out as well, but somehow I don't feel right about going into a recording session with only the basic idea of how it will work. Does that make sense? haha

On a completely different note... it looks like A-KICKS is being missed! (albeit with his former spelling... haha) I really love facebook sometimes. Sorry I stole your photos, Gim!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol nice photos eh?

and danni your voice is soooo outstanding in the new track!! even theres only what? 3 words!?

O-Mocha said...

Really?? Thanks~!!! yeah, I only say a handful of words on that track ahahaha~ I can't wait to hear it completed, once all those guys finish recording their parts... the track sounds so cool!